Bloodwork Results

Philippians 1:6
...being confident of this, that he who began a good in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

This morning, I was blessed to have made it to work on time for staff devotions. This verse was read and the devotion that followed reminded us that God is our divine builder. He is working for our good now and also for our furture. We are still under construction; God is still conforming us to his ultimate plan. This construction takes time, and we often get frustrated, but we can trust that God will fulfill His plan for us. He isn't done with us yet.
I needed this reminder this morning!

Noah had repeat bloodwork on Monday. 
This was a quick visit: bloodwork and then we could leave. Noah was at school for the start of the day!
I got a phone call from Noah's nurse with the results of Noah's bloodwork. It was not good news. Noah's creatinine levels are back up again.
This constant change and increase in his creatinine levels are causing damage to his new kidney and as a result, the overall function on this new kidney is steadily decreasing.

The doctor's are stumped as to why this continues to happen. Everyone seems to have a different opinion and the plan now is to have a team meeting with ALL the specialists to discuss Noah and come up with a plan. Maybe there is another test that could be done that hasn't been thought of, maybe someone has an idea that hasn't been thought of yet, a possible surgery for something, etc.
No date has been set, but Rob and I have requested to be a part of this meeting when it does happen.
 
This was not easy news to hear.
It feels like Psalm 42:7 - Deep calls unto deep at the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and billows have gone over me. It feels like Noah, and we, cannot catch a break and we so desparately need one. 

Telling Noah this news was not easy. He is old enough to process and understand what is being said, and to ask questions and to feel a fear of the unknowns and what-ifs.
Noah is still under construction and his difficult journey is far from over.

We covet your prayers for Noah to be able to be strong and courageous as this journey continues, that Rob and I would be given strength and wisdom and a peace that passes understanding, that Danielle, Jordan, Curtis and Levi would also be given peace and patience and that the doctors would be given wisdom in determining the next steps to help Noah.

Psalm 56: 3, 4
When I am afraid I will put my trust in you. In God whose word I praise - in God I trust and am not afraid.

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the Lord, be strong and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord.

Here's another great song that was shared with me: 'The Night Song' by CityAlight



These pictures are reminders of God's presence and continued faighfulness. Always.



  

Comments

  1. Hi Anne, I’ve recently rejoined Facebook and found your blog. I’ve been following along and wanted to let you know that you and your family, especially Noah are in our thoughts and prayers. It’s so nice that you have this place to write and share, I’m sure it helps you a little bit in processing everything. May God give you that peace beyond understanding that you are in so in need of during this uncertain time.
    Tineke Agema and family

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment