On February 11, Rob and I welcomed into the world a new child! Our third son: Curtis John Lenting. Curtis was born weighing 9lbs 11 oz and is a big healthy boy.
I was convinced that this baby would be a girl. Secretly, my heart was set on a girl, and as soon as we found out this baby was a boy I discovered why – as soon as I saw him I began comparing him to what Noah looked like when he was born. When Noah was born, things were completely different. Noah was smaller (6lbs 11 oz), he hardly made a sound, his cry sound like a baby cat meowing. Noah’s tummy was all wrinkly and loose. Curtis was born looking perfect: smooth belly, bum complete, crying as loud as can be.
I don’t mean to say that Noah is not perfect. He is perfect to us. It’s just a different kind of perfect.
We were able to bring Curtis home the next day, and what a blessing that was! To have him sleeping in our room, to hear his hunger cry and be able to satisfy that need.
It’s hard to believe that was 4 weeks ago and even harder to believe that we are now the parents of 4 children! The dynamics in our house have definitely changed. I have less time for the other kids and don’t snuggle Noah as much as I used to; but they love their brother! Not a day goes by that Danielle and Jordan don’t want to hold Curtis, or that Noah doesn’t come up to Curtis, pat his head and say softly ‘hey bud’ and end that sweet refrain with a kiss to the head.
I was convinced that this baby would be a girl. Secretly, my heart was set on a girl, and as soon as we found out this baby was a boy I discovered why – as soon as I saw him I began comparing him to what Noah looked like when he was born. When Noah was born, things were completely different. Noah was smaller (6lbs 11 oz), he hardly made a sound, his cry sound like a baby cat meowing. Noah’s tummy was all wrinkly and loose. Curtis was born looking perfect: smooth belly, bum complete, crying as loud as can be.
I don’t mean to say that Noah is not perfect. He is perfect to us. It’s just a different kind of perfect.
We were able to bring Curtis home the next day, and what a blessing that was! To have him sleeping in our room, to hear his hunger cry and be able to satisfy that need.
It’s hard to believe that was 4 weeks ago and even harder to believe that we are now the parents of 4 children! The dynamics in our house have definitely changed. I have less time for the other kids and don’t snuggle Noah as much as I used to; but they love their brother! Not a day goes by that Danielle and Jordan don’t want to hold Curtis, or that Noah doesn’t come up to Curtis, pat his head and say softly ‘hey bud’ and end that sweet refrain with a kiss to the head.






Comments
Post a Comment