Postponed (again)

The children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
Psalm 36:7
When placed in the light of our awesome God, our lives find new perspective.
Anxiety is replaced by hope when we see that nothing could ever be bigger than God.
Fear loses its strength when we recognize that God’s power and love are a million times greater than our weaknesses and failure.
Peace floods our loves when we remember that all our needs are safely encompassed by God’s brilliant sufficiency.
Alicia Britt Chole - Pure Joy

So much can change in 2 weeks.
2 weeks ago, Noah was scheduled for his port-a cath surgery, which was cancelled due to the surgeon being sick.
1 week ago, Noah turned two!
Now, here we are, on the eve of the re-scheduled port-a cath surgery date. I have to be honest and say that I will never be ready for Noah to have another surgery, no matter how ‘minor’ it is supposed to be. He is (relatively) well and still so happy! He is talking so much (he’s a smart little cookie!) and he has also mastered climbing up and down the stairs!

We have been enjoying life at home, being able to plan (and not plan!) things and just being together.
However, during these past 2 weeks Noah very quickly came down with a cold. He has a terrible cough and a runny nose but thankfully he has been able to manage it on his own and has been home with this cold. Knowing how quickly Noah’s colds tend to settle in his chest, we did have him looked at last week and the doctor said that it did not sound like this cold was in Noah’s chest. We would like this to stay this way, and so, with the added advice of Noah’s main surgeon we have decided to postpone Noah’s port-a cath surgery again.

As much as we would like to have this surgery done and over with and have Noah on the mend from it, we do not want his cold to have a chance to settle into his chest and have him need to be admitted to this hospital for pneumonia, and this has happened before when Noah had a bit of a cough before a surgery.

Noah’s coughs are full body coughs, as he is using every muscle and all his strength to help him cough and we are worried that if he has surgery he will not want to do a full body cough because everything will hurt.

And so, as the surgeon said ‘we won’t regret cancelling this surgery.’ And we pray that the wait for a rescheduled date will not be too far off. We also pray that this LORD will help us place our trust and anxiety in Him, knowing that He truly is bigger than it all.

Comments