RSV

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you. My soul thirsts for you. My body longs for you in a dry and weary land where there is no water. I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live and in your Name I will lift up my hands.”
Ps 63:1-4

Although we were expectiong Noah's hospital stay to be short, he is still in the hospital and there is not sign of him coming home any time soon.

We are very pleased that Noah does not (seem to) have a bladder infection! Because Noah's bladder is so baggy, it will always have pockets where bacteria can grow. This means that his bladder will always show higher levels of bacteria than ours do.
It is always the first things that we, and doctors turn to for the reason for Noah being sick, and it is not always the case.

It has now also been determined that Noah does NOT have pneumonia, but RSV (respiratory syncytial virus). This is a virus that cannot be treated with antibiotics, but must simply run its course.
Noah was doing well with this, and is still coughing very well on his own. However, yesetday evening his oxygen levels dropped too low and he needed to be put on oxygen. This continues to change, as he was taken off of the oxygen this morning and by lunch time was put back on again.

We are grieved that we need to be at this place again. Danielle wakes in the middle of the night crying because she misses Noah, and Jordan asks every night about when Noah can come home. Noah also is tired of being at the hospital. He is grumpy for the nurses (clearly not feeling well) and doesn't eat too well for them. Yet as soon as I come to the hospital, they say that he is like a new boy - smiling and playing, eating and drinking. (If only I could live at the hospital!).
Yet, we are thankful for the 3 weeks that Noah could be home with us, and that he was able to gain strength and put on weight. We pray that this hospital stay will not be too long and that we may all be home together again soon.

Comments