Plans

'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'
Jeremiah 29:11-13

We have had a blessed week with Noah home again. We have learned rather quickly how to adjust to a schedule that includes the hospital, yet also thankfully to one that also involves days at home.
Noah really enjoys being home, being able to move around the house at will, playing outside in the snow and having Danielle and Jordan around to play with.
I find it amazing how much I missed being able to cook a meal, look after my home and see Rob come home from work and just BE home. God has given me a task as home maker, mother and wife and I am thankful to be able to return to these tasks full time.

I have often complained to Rob that I don’t like to make last minute plans, calling people last minute to watch the kids, etc. Yet, yesterday reminded me again that I have to be able to do this.
My sister was here with her children for the day and we had plans for haircuts and she wanted to go shopping. It was going to be an enjoyable day, which would end with Rob and I going out on a date!
However, going out for dinner together could not happen as our babysitters got sick.

Noah’s home care nurse came over to change the dressing on Noah’s picc line and once she had the dressing off, Noah’s picc line started to slide out of his arm on its own. Of course, the nurse has never seen this before, and couldn’t believe it.
So, I had to take Noah in to the hospital to have his picc line pulled, which completely changed our plans for the day. Thankfully my sister is so fabulous and was willing to take Danielle and Jordan to her place for the afternoon.
I truly am not meant to make plans. Even trying to plan to go to Women’s Society in the morning…that will be the morning that Noah’s bag falls off and it takes me way longer than normal to change Noah and get him ready for the day.

While at the hospital to have Noah’s picc line pulled, we also had his chest listened to (he has had a cough since coming home last week). Thankfully his cough is not in his lungs and we pray that it stays this way.

Now that Noah is picc line free, he is able to take a bath! He had his first real bath in months tonight and enjoyed every moment of it!
Have the picc line out is nice, because it is one less thing to worry about and one more risk of infection removed, yet it also makes me nervous. There was a sense of comfort in having the line in and knowing that if we had to go back in to the hospital, it would be hassle-free to have Noah back on IV. It was clearly time for it to come out, and we pray that he will not be needing another IV for a very long time.

Over the past 4+ months, we have received much help; prayers, meals, cleaning, laundry, child care, cards, emails, facebook comments, etc. We haven't acknowledged much of it, but please know that every word and every thought has touched our hearts and means so much to us.
The help with our house construction (for we can no longer call it renovations, as Rob has started taking apart the kitchen as well) has been so great and we appreciate every moment spent working in house. It's wonderful to go downstairs and see walls instead of studs!
Thank you all so much!

Comments