Again I can tell you that Noah is doing well!
I wish I could post a video of him on here so you can see just how well he is. He is so happy! Smiling and joking, quietly playing with his toys and the next moment laughing with someone.
He is so precious! and I love him with all my heart!
I also miss having him here at home, and I am not the only one as Jordan tells us everyday, more than once, that he misses Noah. (of course Danielle misses him too, but she is much more quiet about these things).
We had plans to take Noah home today...but over the past week both Danielle and Jordan came down with a very nasty cough. I didn't think much of it really until one night Jordan coughed so much he could hardly breath and his face started to turn blue. Without hesitation, I rushed him to emerge (after just walking in the door from visiting Noah).
We were there till early morning and b/c I was not happy with how things went there, I got both Danielle and Jordan in to see our family doctor on Thursday. It turns out that Danielle had the start of an ear infection and both Danielle and Jordan have what is called peri-pertussis, which is in the family of the whopping cough.
This is not something that we want Noah to get, and were advised not to take him home just yet. So he will now be staying in the hospital until Monday, when his IV meds are scheduled to be finished.
Although it is difficult to still leave Noah in the hospital, we are thankful that this time it is not b/c he had another setback. At this point, the hospital is a safer place for him! and we pray that this plan is one that we will be able to carry out.
We are continually reminded not to take our health for granted. Both Rob and I have been sick in the last few weeks and now Danielle and Jordan are. After 11 weeks of being busy and running ourselves so ragged it isn't surprising and yet we still have much to be thankful for. We have accessible health care, the means to pay for medication, we have each other and the love and support of so many others; we have 2 healthy children and have been blessed with 20 month with Noah far more than we expected and each day, no matter how difficult is precious.
This list could go on for pages and we know that this is only possibly b/c we have a Heavenly Father who provides it all for us. How blessed we are!
Here is a song I have heard recently: All Things Possible by Mark Schultz.
Click here to listen.
I wish I could post a video of him on here so you can see just how well he is. He is so happy! Smiling and joking, quietly playing with his toys and the next moment laughing with someone.
He is so precious! and I love him with all my heart!
I also miss having him here at home, and I am not the only one as Jordan tells us everyday, more than once, that he misses Noah. (of course Danielle misses him too, but she is much more quiet about these things).
We had plans to take Noah home today...but over the past week both Danielle and Jordan came down with a very nasty cough. I didn't think much of it really until one night Jordan coughed so much he could hardly breath and his face started to turn blue. Without hesitation, I rushed him to emerge (after just walking in the door from visiting Noah).
We were there till early morning and b/c I was not happy with how things went there, I got both Danielle and Jordan in to see our family doctor on Thursday. It turns out that Danielle had the start of an ear infection and both Danielle and Jordan have what is called peri-pertussis, which is in the family of the whopping cough.
This is not something that we want Noah to get, and were advised not to take him home just yet. So he will now be staying in the hospital until Monday, when his IV meds are scheduled to be finished.
Although it is difficult to still leave Noah in the hospital, we are thankful that this time it is not b/c he had another setback. At this point, the hospital is a safer place for him! and we pray that this plan is one that we will be able to carry out.
We are continually reminded not to take our health for granted. Both Rob and I have been sick in the last few weeks and now Danielle and Jordan are. After 11 weeks of being busy and running ourselves so ragged it isn't surprising and yet we still have much to be thankful for. We have accessible health care, the means to pay for medication, we have each other and the love and support of so many others; we have 2 healthy children and have been blessed with 20 month with Noah far more than we expected and each day, no matter how difficult is precious.
This list could go on for pages and we know that this is only possibly b/c we have a Heavenly Father who provides it all for us. How blessed we are!
Here is a song I have heard recently: All Things Possible by Mark Schultz.
Click here to listen.
Comments
Post a Comment