2012

The New Year is here…I know, it has been for 3 weeks now…but it’s still here! On this note, I’d like to take a moment to send you over here, to something a good friend of mine wrote that got me thinking and which I’d like to share with you all. (Thanks Jen!).

This year was rung in with much happiness in some homes and sorrow in others. A woman in our church lost her husband on January 1st. This loss is deeply felt among many of us here, even us we rejoice in the end to his suffering and his entrance into Paradise.
Attending the funeral and everything that came with it was a very emotional time for me. It made me remember that this time last year Rob and I had been planning a funeral as well. We had gone to the funeral home, to the cemetery…It is still so unbelievable to see how richly God has blessed us over and over again.

Things on the home front here are going well. Rob’s been blessed with lots of work, and for now he’s working close-ish to home, so he’s home on time for dinner. Danielle and Jordan are doing well. When there’s snow outside, which hasn’t been much this year we’ve been enjoying time sledding, making snow forts and having snow fights!

Noah is doing really well. I have got to say that I never thought I’d be so excited to see a full, wet diaper as I am these days; and there have been many!
Noah did give us a scare about 2 weeks back with a fever. We took him in and it turned out to be a bladder infection which was treated and is now under control. It’s hard to think about how normal these may be for Noah. He was home 2 short weeks before getting another infection after the one in the hospital.

Things have been pretty quiet here, so there really isn’t much news to share – no news is good news!

Comments