FRAGILE

Have I told you how wonderful my in-laws are? (and of course, my parents are pretty wonderful too!). They offered to watch all 3 of our kids for a few days so Rob and I could have the chance to relax and reconnect. I’m not going to lie, it was hard leaving my kids, but it was absolutely wonderful to spend some time with Rob and not have to worry about changing diapers and drying tears. Life has been crazy this past year and we both needed the time to recharge for what lies ahead.

In our hotel room, the art on the walls quoted Bible texts (how refreshing!) and one of the quotes was Micah 6:8 - ‘He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?’
I like that verse. We can always use the reminder to be humble before our God.

We tend to think and act like we are in control of our lives and God continues to show us that each day He is in control and each day we need to live for Him.
We received a phone call last night that my 15 year old niece was in a very serious car accident. This is never a call that you expect to hear, and as I write it, it still gives me goose bumps and brings tears to my eyes.
She is currently in stable condition in the ICU. She had some bleeding in her brain and now has a tube taking the pressure off of her brain. She has broken bones and a lacerated kidney and spleen. The next 48 hours are critical ones for Morgan and I ask that if you are reading this, you pray for her and for my brother and his family. Pray that they may receive the strength they need for the days ahead and that they may seek their comfort in the arms of our Heavenly Father.

It is not easy to see loved ones in pain. Words cannot express how my heart ached, not only to see Morgan lying on that hospital bed, but also for my brother and sister-in-law who could not keep their chins from trembling and their tears from falling. Times like this make me wish I lived closer to my family, make me wish I could do more. And yet I was reminded by Rob this afternoon that even 2 hours away I can still offer up my prayers. We can pray and leave the doing to God.

Comments