THANKSGIVING

‘We give thanks to you, O God; we give thanks, for your name is near. We recount your wondrous deeds.’ Psalm 75:1

This past weekend was thanksgiving. A time to reflect and give praise to the LORD for the many blessings that He graciously provides to us. Although we should do this each and every day of our lives, sometimes we need a ‘special’ day to help us sit back and think about all the many things we have to be thankful for, and they are countless.

I’ve read a few lists of things that people are thankful for and thought that I would write a short one myself. I am thankful for…
…a noisy house because it means it is full of people I love.
…little clothes to fold because it means I have little ones to fill them.
…a freezer full of food because it means I don’t have to go hungry.
…bills to pay because it means I have heat, water and electricity.
…having to prepare dinner because it means I have people who depend on me.
…a cooler to empty because it means I have a husband who has work.
...an open Bible on my table beacuse it means I have the freedom to read it.
And that list could truly go on and on.

In recent days there has we have a little extra for which to give thanks.
Noah is here at home with us and life has gone back to our normal. It is so wonderful to not need to make a trip to London to see Noah and to be able to hear his laugh, and cry and tend to his needs myself. (oh how I missed having a little diaper to change!).

It is so precious to see Danielle and Jordan with Noah. They’re constantly asking about him and checking to make sure he has everything that he needs. They clearly missed him and are so happy to have him home!

Noah is doing very well. He has fully recovered from his pneumonia and we pray that this is the end of It for the winter. He is eating lots and sleeping through the night. (To quote some nurses ‘he is growing like a bad weed’ – he now weighs 16.5lbs!).

Because Noah spent time in the hospital the surgery that he had booked for next week is postponed until the beginning of December. This is fine with us, as we would rather be able to enjoy some time with Noah home before he needs to go back to the hospital for a little while.

Another thing for which we are thankful is Rob’s surgery and recovery. The surgery went very well, and although Rob was expecting to be up and at’em earlier than he was, he is healing well. I admit that it’s been great to have him at home! We’re all going to have a tough time of it when he does go back to work.

Comments

  1. I came across your blog through your sisters blog and have read your story. What a fighter little Noah is. Praying for your family!! We have been through a similar experience with our son so I know what it is like to have a ill child. Wishing you God's strength through all the doctors appointments, surgeries and caring for your family.
    Greta

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment