"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." ( 2 Cor.1:3,4)
This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend my 10 year high school reunion (I know, crazy isn’t it?!). I was reminded once again while here that we are not the only ones who are going through, or have been through, rough times. There are those who have lost a child, have a child in need of a new heart, have a sick parent and there are so many more.
My prayer is that we may all, in our circumstances, find the peace and comfort we need. The ability each day to rise and find strength in the knowledge that we are not alone, we have a Heavenly Father watching over us and leading us on our path for a purpose, His purpose. And who better to be in control of our lives than the Creator of all things?!!
Today when I went to see Noah, he was wide awake and playing with some toys! I had a chance to play with him for awhile and he was so happy! It was nice to see him active after so much time sleeping and struggling.

Noah’s nurse the last few days has been fabulous. She has music playing in the room so Noah won’t feel quite so alone; she got toys our for him so he would have something to look at and also put up a mobile that I brought in for him; she spends time playing with Noah and talking to him. It’s nurses like this that make leaving Noah just a little bit easier.
Today I also received a gift I have literally been aching for, but never thought I would get: I was able to HOLD Noah! Oh the joy that filled my heart when my arms were once again full of this precious child. Noah snuggled right in and fell asleep immediately and we sat like that for close to an hour!

I truly enjoyed my time with Noah in my arms, and am ever thankful for the opportunity. However, as the nurses were putting Noah back into his bed…his tube came out again. (He just really doesn’t want it in!). I was told that this seldom happens, and the nurse had a good grip on the tube to hold it in place, but Noah started to cough as they were laying him down, and this is likely what caused the tube to come out. Once again they decided to leave the tube out and see how Noah did on his own. For the hour that I stayed with Noah after this, his numbers were really good! He seemed to be tiring a bit when I left, but was holding his own. Time will tell if Noah will need to tube put back in again.
The doctor also spoke with me while I was there and said that Noah’s pneumonia is viral, which means that they cannot give him anything for it, it just needs to run its course. His stats had not changed much in the past few days, which is not ideal and he reminded me that Noah will take his time recovering from this. It has been nearly 2 weeks already and we realize that Noah will remain in the hospital for quite awhile still.
This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend my 10 year high school reunion (I know, crazy isn’t it?!). I was reminded once again while here that we are not the only ones who are going through, or have been through, rough times. There are those who have lost a child, have a child in need of a new heart, have a sick parent and there are so many more.
My prayer is that we may all, in our circumstances, find the peace and comfort we need. The ability each day to rise and find strength in the knowledge that we are not alone, we have a Heavenly Father watching over us and leading us on our path for a purpose, His purpose. And who better to be in control of our lives than the Creator of all things?!!
Today when I went to see Noah, he was wide awake and playing with some toys! I had a chance to play with him for awhile and he was so happy! It was nice to see him active after so much time sleeping and struggling.
Noah’s nurse the last few days has been fabulous. She has music playing in the room so Noah won’t feel quite so alone; she got toys our for him so he would have something to look at and also put up a mobile that I brought in for him; she spends time playing with Noah and talking to him. It’s nurses like this that make leaving Noah just a little bit easier.
Today I also received a gift I have literally been aching for, but never thought I would get: I was able to HOLD Noah! Oh the joy that filled my heart when my arms were once again full of this precious child. Noah snuggled right in and fell asleep immediately and we sat like that for close to an hour!
I truly enjoyed my time with Noah in my arms, and am ever thankful for the opportunity. However, as the nurses were putting Noah back into his bed…his tube came out again. (He just really doesn’t want it in!). I was told that this seldom happens, and the nurse had a good grip on the tube to hold it in place, but Noah started to cough as they were laying him down, and this is likely what caused the tube to come out. Once again they decided to leave the tube out and see how Noah did on his own. For the hour that I stayed with Noah after this, his numbers were really good! He seemed to be tiring a bit when I left, but was holding his own. Time will tell if Noah will need to tube put back in again.
The doctor also spoke with me while I was there and said that Noah’s pneumonia is viral, which means that they cannot give him anything for it, it just needs to run its course. His stats had not changed much in the past few days, which is not ideal and he reminded me that Noah will take his time recovering from this. It has been nearly 2 weeks already and we realize that Noah will remain in the hospital for quite awhile still.
Oh, Anne, your posts already bring tears but the pictures are heartwrenching! It's so good to see these photos as it helps us a little more to "live along" with you in this difficult time and to understand even more what you all are going through. Hugs to you all! Your family is always in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteLove from Bob and Janine and kids.