‘He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, ‘He is my refuge and fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.’ Psalm 91:1-2
Psalm 91 is a psalm that has been quoted to us on more than one occasion, and it is a powerful psalm, one that is all about trust. Trust is defined as an assured reliance on the character, ability, strength or truth of someone or something; one in which confidence is placed. There is certainly no time like trying times to put our trust in God to the test. Not knowing what the future holds, not receiving answers to questions, not receiving the answers we are looking for, etc. are difficult and testing. I have to admit that there are times that it is hard to trust, to see a plan and purpose in all that is taking place in our lives right now; yet I am comforted time and again with the knowledge that God is my refuge, He is my Father. I know that my daddy here on earth loves me, and how much more does my Heavenly Father love me! What a comfort this is!
It’s amazing how easy it is to put God aside and carry on with life, even in the midst of difficulties. Yet it is also amazing how quickly we are reminded that we cannot get very far in our everyday life without God by our side. I have discovered that there is great joy in spending time reading the Bible, in meditating on what the Scriptures say. The Bible is full of treasures, if we just take the time to search them out!
This week we have already had 2 doctors’ appointments. During our regular appointment we had a different doctor, and were very appreciative of this fact. This doctor, although not sharing any new information with us, actually told us what was going on and we walked away from that appointment feeling like we had a better understanding of the situation.
We also met with an urologist. This appointment was more of a meet and greet: we met the doctor who will be helping Noah if the need arises.
It’s amazing how all these doctors’ appointments create such a rollercoaster of emotions for me. I know that there is nothing that the doctors can say to us right now, as everything that will happen to Noah depends on his condition upon birth. Yet each time a doctor says something new or different I don’t know what to think: do I keep on as I have been, or cling to a few words with hope?
We were recently reminded that although physically there may not be much hope for Noah, spiritually there is much hope, and this is where we need to place our focus. Noah is God’s child; he has been from conception and will be until death. We know that the LORD will fulfill His purpose in all of this, and we can rest assured that Noah is precious to our Heavenly Father and is first and foremost His child.
We have recently discovered that our children are not immune to all that is going on here at home. Danielle has noticed when we are sad, and if we are quiet she often asks us why we are sad. The days that she needs to go somewhere b/c we are heading off to another appointment are getting to be difficult for her, and when we tell her she is going somewhere, she is quick to ask ‘are you staying too?’ I wonder what goes on inside that little head of hers, and I pray that she will be able to tell us what she is thinking. We have explained things to her as much as we feel necessary, and I pray that she will know that no matter what we love her and that her ‘baby Noah’ is being taken care of.
‘The Lord is faithful to all his promises, and loving toward all he has made.’ Psalm 145:9
We thank you all for your continued support and prayers throughout all that has been going on. The cards, emails and phone calls mean so much to us. Also all the quoted scripture passages have been a source of comfort to us, and we thank you for sending us those reminders from God’s Word.
Psalm 91 is a psalm that has been quoted to us on more than one occasion, and it is a powerful psalm, one that is all about trust. Trust is defined as an assured reliance on the character, ability, strength or truth of someone or something; one in which confidence is placed. There is certainly no time like trying times to put our trust in God to the test. Not knowing what the future holds, not receiving answers to questions, not receiving the answers we are looking for, etc. are difficult and testing. I have to admit that there are times that it is hard to trust, to see a plan and purpose in all that is taking place in our lives right now; yet I am comforted time and again with the knowledge that God is my refuge, He is my Father. I know that my daddy here on earth loves me, and how much more does my Heavenly Father love me! What a comfort this is!
It’s amazing how easy it is to put God aside and carry on with life, even in the midst of difficulties. Yet it is also amazing how quickly we are reminded that we cannot get very far in our everyday life without God by our side. I have discovered that there is great joy in spending time reading the Bible, in meditating on what the Scriptures say. The Bible is full of treasures, if we just take the time to search them out!
This week we have already had 2 doctors’ appointments. During our regular appointment we had a different doctor, and were very appreciative of this fact. This doctor, although not sharing any new information with us, actually told us what was going on and we walked away from that appointment feeling like we had a better understanding of the situation.
We also met with an urologist. This appointment was more of a meet and greet: we met the doctor who will be helping Noah if the need arises.
It’s amazing how all these doctors’ appointments create such a rollercoaster of emotions for me. I know that there is nothing that the doctors can say to us right now, as everything that will happen to Noah depends on his condition upon birth. Yet each time a doctor says something new or different I don’t know what to think: do I keep on as I have been, or cling to a few words with hope?
We were recently reminded that although physically there may not be much hope for Noah, spiritually there is much hope, and this is where we need to place our focus. Noah is God’s child; he has been from conception and will be until death. We know that the LORD will fulfill His purpose in all of this, and we can rest assured that Noah is precious to our Heavenly Father and is first and foremost His child.
We have recently discovered that our children are not immune to all that is going on here at home. Danielle has noticed when we are sad, and if we are quiet she often asks us why we are sad. The days that she needs to go somewhere b/c we are heading off to another appointment are getting to be difficult for her, and when we tell her she is going somewhere, she is quick to ask ‘are you staying too?’ I wonder what goes on inside that little head of hers, and I pray that she will be able to tell us what she is thinking. We have explained things to her as much as we feel necessary, and I pray that she will know that no matter what we love her and that her ‘baby Noah’ is being taken care of.
‘The Lord is faithful to all his promises, and loving toward all he has made.’ Psalm 145:9
We thank you all for your continued support and prayers throughout all that has been going on. The cards, emails and phone calls mean so much to us. Also all the quoted scripture passages have been a source of comfort to us, and we thank you for sending us those reminders from God’s Word.
We continue to remember you all in our prayers Rob and Anne. I wanted to share with you the words of Lamentations 3:19-33. It's a little long to write down here but you have your own Bibles to look it up:). We are thankful that God continues to provide you with comfort and strength, through others, through His Word--ultimately that means through Himself! And in putting on His strength you shine His Light!
ReplyDeleteI would imagine that sometimes the Bible seems like "just words" and that you feel alone. God urges us to "call on His Name" which means we are supposed to ask Him to be who He says He is. His Name is His reputation - the things He has said and done. We can ask Him to make His promises real in our lives, so that we may truly know Him as the Good Shepherd, and the loving Father, the One who has the hairs of our heads all numbered, the One who will never leave us or forsake us.
ReplyDeleteWe continue to pray for you and Rob, Danielle, Jordan, and Noah.
With love,
Will and Chris.