‘The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped.’ Psalm 28:7a
Not too long ago I read a book by Angie Smith titled ‘I Will Carry You’. It is her story, and a very touching one. She and her husband were expecting their fourth child and were told that their daughter had ‘complications incompatible with life.’ - they learned very early on that their child would not survive after birth. The book is about how they dealt with this, and was an inspiration in how they leaned upon the LORD through it all.
I know that her story is not completely like mine, as we do not know what to expect when Noah is born. Only the LORD knows, and we need to trust in His Plan.
A quote from Angie Smith comes to mind: pray for a miracle, prepare for a loss. That seems to sum up what our journey has been like. We believe in a God of miracles, a God of love, and know that He can do anything; yet we do not know what His plan is, and for this reason, while praying for a miracle, we prepare for a loss. Not an easy thing to do by any means. Noah is still alive and strong in my womb, and he will not be forgotten. He kicks and moves around plenty and his face on my fridge is a constant reminder of who he is.
To answer anyone’s questions, and to quote Angie Smith one more time, (because she puts it so beautifully): ‘I believe that one way or another God will answer our prayer to heal (Noah). It may not be here, the way we wish it could be, but I have complete faith that (he) will be whole. And it won’t be temporary. If you only hear me say this one thing, all of these words will be worth it. For all who want to know the great secret to how we are breathing through this, it is pretty simple. He is enough.’
Angie’s husband is a singer in the group Selah, and they have written a beautiful song about their story. It is a very touching song, one that really hits home, and I would like to share it with you. (Be prepared with a box of Kleenex by your side). Click here.
Not too long ago I read a book by Angie Smith titled ‘I Will Carry You’. It is her story, and a very touching one. She and her husband were expecting their fourth child and were told that their daughter had ‘complications incompatible with life.’ - they learned very early on that their child would not survive after birth. The book is about how they dealt with this, and was an inspiration in how they leaned upon the LORD through it all.
I know that her story is not completely like mine, as we do not know what to expect when Noah is born. Only the LORD knows, and we need to trust in His Plan.
A quote from Angie Smith comes to mind: pray for a miracle, prepare for a loss. That seems to sum up what our journey has been like. We believe in a God of miracles, a God of love, and know that He can do anything; yet we do not know what His plan is, and for this reason, while praying for a miracle, we prepare for a loss. Not an easy thing to do by any means. Noah is still alive and strong in my womb, and he will not be forgotten. He kicks and moves around plenty and his face on my fridge is a constant reminder of who he is.
To answer anyone’s questions, and to quote Angie Smith one more time, (because she puts it so beautifully): ‘I believe that one way or another God will answer our prayer to heal (Noah). It may not be here, the way we wish it could be, but I have complete faith that (he) will be whole. And it won’t be temporary. If you only hear me say this one thing, all of these words will be worth it. For all who want to know the great secret to how we are breathing through this, it is pretty simple. He is enough.’
Angie’s husband is a singer in the group Selah, and they have written a beautiful song about their story. It is a very touching song, one that really hits home, and I would like to share it with you. (Be prepared with a box of Kleenex by your side). Click here.
Beautiful song and strengthening words, Anne (and Rob)! We wish you ongoing comfort and peace as God works the miracle of His creation, His design, in your womb, and as He unfolds His plan for one of His children.
ReplyDelete