'Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.' Phillipians 4:6-7
We have much to be thankful for: each day that passes with our child still kicking inside of me is a miracle and a blessing. I am now 29 weeks, and the doctors were not sure that we would make it this far. Our little one is strong, and a fighter, and for this I give thanks to our Father in Heaven.
We have been to the doctor again this past week, and again, there is no change to report. This a blessing, in that things are not getting worse, but at the same time it can be discouraging as I go hoping and praying that things will be better than the last time.
The baby's heart continues to beat strong and movements are frequent. The bladder has grown quite large, and it was shocking to see just how large. I am now 29 weeks, but measuring 34 weeks. And the baby's abdomin is measuring 38 weeks - almost 10 weeks larger than it should be. It was painful to see, and an image that I have trouble getting out of my mind. I can't imagine that it is comfortable to try to move with such a large abdomin, I know how uncomfortable I can be at times!
We continue to wait and see what the LORd has planned for our little one. As we get further along, delivery plans will be made, but for now, each week gained is better for the baby and we pray that we will keep adding weeks to the pregnancy.
We had a home visit earlier this week, and have been reminded that we are called to 'be content in every situation'. This is another high calling, and often difficult to carry out. It can be hard to see the road ahead and understand the reason we are being placed on the path that we are, but we strive to have faith and trust that this also is for our good and the upbuilding of our faith.
I recently read this about doubting God, and thought I would share.
We have much to be thankful for: each day that passes with our child still kicking inside of me is a miracle and a blessing. I am now 29 weeks, and the doctors were not sure that we would make it this far. Our little one is strong, and a fighter, and for this I give thanks to our Father in Heaven.
We have been to the doctor again this past week, and again, there is no change to report. This a blessing, in that things are not getting worse, but at the same time it can be discouraging as I go hoping and praying that things will be better than the last time.
The baby's heart continues to beat strong and movements are frequent. The bladder has grown quite large, and it was shocking to see just how large. I am now 29 weeks, but measuring 34 weeks. And the baby's abdomin is measuring 38 weeks - almost 10 weeks larger than it should be. It was painful to see, and an image that I have trouble getting out of my mind. I can't imagine that it is comfortable to try to move with such a large abdomin, I know how uncomfortable I can be at times!
We continue to wait and see what the LORd has planned for our little one. As we get further along, delivery plans will be made, but for now, each week gained is better for the baby and we pray that we will keep adding weeks to the pregnancy.
We had a home visit earlier this week, and have been reminded that we are called to 'be content in every situation'. This is another high calling, and often difficult to carry out. It can be hard to see the road ahead and understand the reason we are being placed on the path that we are, but we strive to have faith and trust that this also is for our good and the upbuilding of our faith.
I recently read this about doubting God, and thought I would share.
Comments
Post a Comment